Thursday, July 26, 2018

Focus: Youthful Look or Healthy, Mind, and Body Spirit?







                                               



I find myself going through "growing pains." I find myself dealing with the "battle of the bulge." Coping with "love handles" that I hate. I think I've lost weight, only to find it's just "rearranged" itself.

My closet and drawers are divided into, "fits now," "may get back into," "hope to get into again", "Big time" and "fat chance."

It's really a struggle. When I was younger, I never had to worry about my weight. With age, nothing's the same. It doesn't help to be bombarded with media signals that I should want to look 20 years younger, and what I should buy to achieve that look.

I don't want to look 20 years younger. I just want to feel good about myself, be healthy and not be self conscious about what I look like.

Our society focuses on youth ... Me, well, I am focusing on a healthy mind, body and spirit. How about you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Artificial intelligence yields new antibiotic

                              A Deep Learning Model Identifies a   New Drug That Can Kill                                Many Species of ...